1) May your birthday be sprinkled with fun and laughter. Have a great day!
2) Warmest wishes for a very happy birthday.
3) Congratulations on your birthday! Wishing you a truly fabulous day.
4) Wishing you a very special birthday and a wonderful year ahead!
5) I hope your birthday is full of sunshine and rainbows and love and laughter! Sending many good wishes to you on your special day.
6) Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day today and the year ahead is full of many blessings.
7) Wishing you a very happy birthday! May all your dreams come true.
8) Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day and that the year ahead is full of fun and adventure.
9) Happy Birthday! Wishing you a beautiful day and many blessings for the year ahead.
10) Congratulations on your birthday! Sending you our love and good wishes.
11) Many happy returns to you on your birthday! We hope you have a wonderful day full of friends, family, and cake!
12) Happy Birthday to a great buddy! I hope you have a good one.
13) Happy Birthday! There’s no one else I’d rather be quarantined with.
14) Happy Birthday! Sit back, relax, and celebrate how truly wonderful you are with a well-deserved quarantine!
15) Today I’ll be singing happy birthday to you twice every time I wash my hands and sending lots of birthday love your way. Have a good one!
16) I can’t wait to be less than 6 feet away from you! Happy birthday!
17) On the bright side, at least you don’t have to share your birthday cake with anyone else this year!
18) Wishing you a very happy birthday from a safe and appropriate social-distance!
19) Keep Calm and Stay Safe... and have a very Happy Birthday!
20) So very sorry to hear you’re not well on your birthday. Sending lots of love and happiness your way!
21) Sending lots of love and a big virus-free hug on your birthday. I miss you enormously and I can’t wait to take you out to party properly once lockdown is over!!
Funny Birthday Wishes
22) I wanted to get you something truly amazing and inspiring for your birthday and then I remembered that you already have me.
23) Happy Birthday! Don’t forget to iron that birthday suit.
24) Those aren’t gray hairs you see. They’re strands of birthday glitter growing out of your head.
25) Don’t let aging get you down. It’s too hard to get up again!
26) You’re [insert age]? Better take that cake outdoors to light the candles! Have a very happy birthday.
27) [insert age] is a perfect age. You’re old enough to recognize your mistakes but young enough to make some more. Happy Birthday!
28) Don’t worry, they are not gray hairs, they are wisdom highlights. You just happen to be extremely wise.
29) Q: What goes up and never comes down?
A: Your age!
30) Night sweats and hot flashes are nature’s way of lowering your heating bill so you can save more money for your retirement.
31) Happy Birthday! I’m so pleased to hear you’re over the hill instead of under it.
32) Happy Birthday. It took you [insert age] years to look this good!
33) I wouldn’t say you’re old... you’ve just been young for longer than most of us. Happy Birthday!
34) You’re not getting older... just more distinguished! Happy Birthday.
35) By the time you’re [insert age] you’ve learned everything - you only have to remember it! Many happy returns on your birthday.
36) You know you’re getting older when an “all-nighter” means not getting up to pee.
37) Middle age: that time when you finally get your head together - then your body starts falling apart.
38) Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle.
39) Middle age... when “happy hour” is a nap!
40) How do you know you’ve hit middle-age? In preparation for a big sneeze you cross your legs really hard and hope for the best!
41) You are so old, you walked into an antique shop and they sold you.
42) You know you’re getting old when you can’t walk past a bathroom without thinking, “I may as well pee while I’m here.”
43) You know you’re old when you turn down the lights to be economical instead of romantic.
44) A little gray hair is a small price to pay for so much wisdom.
45) You know you’re getting old when the little old gray-haired lady you helped across the street is your wife.
46) A wise man once said, “Forget about your past, you cannot change it”. I’d like to add: “Forget about your present, I didn’t get you one”.
47) If gray hair is a sign of wisdom, then you’re a genius!
48) I spent 3 hours searching the internet for the perfect birthday message for you and then I gave up. Happy Birthday.
49) Happy Birthday Wishes from a Distance
50) Happy Birthday all the way from [insert your location]. I hope you have a fabulous day and be sure to eat an extra slice of cake for me!
51) Happy Birthday! Wishing you a wonderful day today, and looking forward to seeing you in [insert month].
52) Happy Birthday dear friend! Raising a glass to your continued health and happiness all the way from [insert location]. I hope you have a great day!
53) Thinking of you on your birthday! We hope you have a great day and wish you all the best for the coming year. We’re so excited you’re coming to visit in [insert month], and can’t wait to see you then!
54) Congratulations on your birthday! Sending you our love and good wishes all the way from [insert location].
55) Wishing you a very happy birthday and all the best wishes for an exciting and fun-filled year ahead. With lots of love from [insert location].
56) Many happy returns to you on your birthday! We hope you have a wonderful day full of friends, family, and cake! Sorry we can’t be there this year and we hope to catch up next time we’re in the neighborhood.
57) Wishing you all the best on your birthday! Sorry to miss you on such an wonderful day. We’re thinking of you all the way from [insert location] and raising a glass to your good health.
58) Wishing you many happy returns on your special day! Sending all our love from [insert location]. We miss you!
59) Wishing you many blessings on your special day. We miss you! We hope you have a wonderful birthday and look forward to seeing you at [insert month, or event e.g. Christmas].
Belated Birthday Wishes
60) Oh no! Did you miss their birthday? Quick, send them a happy belated birthday message or SMS to get back into their good books!
61) Happy belated Birthday! I’m so sorry I forgot to write earlier, but how do you expect me to remember your birthday if you never look any older?
62) Now that everyone else’s birthday wishes have worn off, here’s a great big one from me!
63) I promise this card isn’t late. It is intentionally arriving after your birth-day, because I think you deserve a whole birth-month. Happy Birth-month!
64) Dear [name], HBBD! That stands for Happy Belated Birthday! Love, YTDF (Your Terribly Disorganized Friend)
65) I know you think this card is a few days late. It’s actually worse than that. This is your card from 2010 that I only just got around to sending. Happy Belated Birthday!
66) Happy Birthday! Don’t think of this as a late birthday card. Consider it a very early one for next year. Here’s wishing you a wonderful year ahead!
67) Sorry I missed your birthday by several days, but happy birthday anyways!
68) I’m so sorry I forgot your birthday. The good news is that I also forgot your age. Happy belated Birthday!
69) I’m so sorry I forgot your birthday. The good news is that if you forget mine next year I’ll forgive you. Happy Belated Birthday!
70) I wish I could rewind the clock just to get back to the right time to say happy birthday. Please forgive me! I hope you had a great day.
Happy Birthday Quotes
71) “Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.”- Larry Lorenzoni
72) “Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.”- Jack Benny
73) “Age is a matter of feeling, not of year.”- George William Curtis
74) “Old age is like underwear... it creeps up on you”- Anon
75) “Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake”- Anon
76) “Just remember, once you’re over the hill you begin to pick up speed”- Charles Schulz
77) “It’s never too late to be what you want to be. Unless you want to be younger. Then you’re screwed”- Anon
78) “With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.”- William Shakespeare
79) “When your friends begin to flatter you on how young you look, it’s a sure sign you’re getting old”- Mark Twain
80) “As men get older, the toys get more expensive”- Marvin Davis
81) “Age is not important unless you’re a cheese”- Helen Hayes
82) “The tragedy of getting old: So many candles... so little cake”- Anon
83) “You are only young once, but you can be immature for a lifetime.”- John Grier
84) “Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.”- Chili Davis
85) If things get better with age then you’re approaching magnificent”- Anon
86) When I have a birthday I take the day off. But when my wife has a birthday, she takes a year or two off”- Anon
87) “Youth is a gift of nature but age is a work of art.”- Stanislaw Lec
88) “The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.”- Lucille Ball
89) Thirty-five is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the very highest birth who have, of their own free choice, remained thirty-five for years.”- Oscar Wilde
90) “Old age is always 15 years older than I am.”- Bernard Baruch
91) “One of the many things nobody ever tells you about middle age is that it’s such a nice change from being young.”- Dorothy Canfield Fisher
92) “Middle age is when your age begins to show around your middle.”- Bob Hope
93) “Middle age is when you’re sitting at home on a Saturday night and the telephone rings and you hope it isn’t for you.”- Ogden Nash
94) “Middle age is when a man has got a handle on life and life has put handles on his waist”- Anon
95) “Forty is the age of youth. Fifty is the youth of old age”- Victor Hugo
96) “The years between fifty and seventy are the hardest. You are always being asked to do things, and yet you are not decrepit enough to turn them down.”- T. S. Eliot
97) “The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.”- Theodore Roosevelt
98) Beautifully worded religious birthday wishes to help you thank God for a friend or family member and wish them a very blessed birthday.
99) Today I ask God to bless you with every kind of joy on your birthday and always. Happy Birthday!
100) May God bless you today on your birthday and every day after. May you be comforted by His presence in your life, and always follow His guiding light. Wishing you the happiest of birthdays and a wonderful year to come.
101) May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face; the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand.~ Traditional Irish Blessing
102) Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:4
103) Happy Birthday! Remember that for every day of your life there is Someone taking care of you, and may God continue to hold you in His gentle hands and bring you peace.
104) On your birthday, I pray that you feel His presence working in your life and that you are filled with the wonder and glory of God’s unfailing love for you.
105) Wishing the happiest of birthdays for the best of friends! Praying for God’s richest blessings for you over the year ahead.
106) I said a prayer for you today
And know God must have heard.
I didn’t ask for wealth or fame,
I knew you wouldn’t mind.
I asked Him to send treasures
Of a far more lasting kind.
I asked that He be near you
At the start of each new day
To grant you health and blessings
And friends to share your way.
I asked for happiness for you
In all things, great and small,
But it was for His loving care
I prayed for most of all.
~ Author Unknown